Threads ExhibitionApril 29, 2017
Threads - opening Friday 5th May at 6pm
" Threads" is the next exhibition at Mission Arts, and it will be a spectacular display of fibre and textile art. We will be featuring ten artists, working in a variety of techniques – including a spectacular installation from the Cassowary Coast Yarners. Works on display will include fashion as well as domestic and art-pieces – there will be millinery, silk painting, printing, embroidery, eco-dyeing, felting and more...dresses, cushions, hats and fascinators – tablecloths and linen, cushions, bags and purses , shawls, scarves and sarongs.....in wonderful colours, patterns and textures...
Participating artists are:
- Noel Mason- silk painting
- Pip Earls – printed silk
- Nina Dawson – eco-printing
- Sandy Bielenberg – machine–worked fibre art
- Annette Anderson – hand-embroidered textile art
- Mariangela Bison – hats and fascinators
- Libby Clegg – lino printed fabrics
- Laurice Collins – felted scarves and shawls
- Sandra Brazier – felted bags and purses
- Cassowary Coast Yarners – wild crochet!
The exhibition opens on Friday, 5th May at 6pm, with finger food and a cash bar, and will continue until 30th May.
Mission Arts is open 10am 2pm daily, ring 40886116 for more information