Souvenir Catalogue Workshop
Event Dates: July 8, 2018 9:30am to 1:00pm
July 15, 2018 9:30am to 1:00pm
Location: Mission Arts
With Sue Pullman
You are invited to a unique Mixed Media Workshop conducted by artist Sue Pullman. Participants will make individual painted catalogue jackets for the 2018 Mission Arts Awards Exhibition.
You may produce one or several small artworks. It is encouraged that you donate a small artwork which will become the front jacket to the souvenir catalogue. These are sold as original artworks on opening night. Proceeds of the catalogue jackets will go to Mission Arts (MA) as part of their fundraising.
Artists of all calibres will learn how to:
• Explore your medium of choice
• Learn tips, techniques and be inspired to produce small artworks
• Gain knowledge to incorporate photos, stencilling and collage into their works
• Design bold underpaintings
• Learn new skills from your fellow artists
• Work in monotone/colour
• Become inspired to fuel your personal artistic growth
Mission Arts will provide:
• Pre-cut Souvenir Jackets in watercolour paper and canvas sheets
• Jacket sizes: 12cm horizontal and 16cm vertical. Portrait or landscape artwork is optional
• Double sided tape
• Bring your watercolour paper, canvas sheets, any paper to do your pre drawing/painting
• Bring your paints, brushes and palette knives, or any other tools to produce an artwork
• Consider coloured paper, impasto gel, glue, charcoal, pencils, pastels, oil pastels, ink, erasers, towels etc
• Sunday 8 and Sun 15 July booked
• Time 9.30 – 12.30 midday
• 12-14 students for one workshop
Workshop Session :
1 First part of the session: Preparation of the surface including acrylic/watercolour washes. Design elements and approach is considered i.e. demonstrated. I.e. Collage, motifs, use of texture, etc. Students can bring own ideas to the table and share with the group.
2 Second session: Design elements applied. Placement of stencils, motifs, inks, paint pouring etc. can be applied. May consider a motif; cutting the paper into miniature sizes, collaging onto the surface.
3 Third session: Finish off the work, place Jackets on catalogue cover with signature and title.