silk fibre sculpture workshop
Event Date: August 4, 2018 10:00am to 3:30pm
Location: Mission Arts
Silk Fibre sculpture with Annette Anderson
A chance to make a delicate silk-fibre sculpture with master textile artist Annette Anderson.
This could be a 2d- or 3d piece, using silk fibre, formed over moulds with swirling colours.
Most materials are provided, but there is a list of simple equipment and some materials to bring (we have bridal tulle available at no cost!) – please ask our Volunteers for the list or email:
Please bring along the following:
- ½ metre of BRIDAL tulle (very fine) cut into pieces about A4 or slightly larger
- Shapes - balls, bowls, tumblers etc to mould the silk on to.
- Short pieces of PVC pipe could be good
- 2 icecream containers
- 2 wide brushes
- Old towels or cloths
- Roll of cling wrap
- Some "broomstick' knitting needles if you have them. (very thick wooden needles)
- Clothes pegs - try to bring pegs of the same colour to help you identify your work as it dries.
- Large box or clothes basket to carry your work home in.